Monday, January 22, 2007
"Hurry up close our bedroom door...

people are coming over and I don't want them to see our dungeon. " I say to my husband. Now I hope you aren't getting a mental picture of me sitting in this rock dungeon feeding my crocodiles while sitting on my recently skinned animal fur. The only crocs in my room are my bright green ones in their shoebox. And I am not big on hunting but will admit to owning a beautiful leather Marc Jacob's purse (don't tell my animal rights friends, please).

But you all know how it is. We spend so much time decorating our home and somehow forget that our bedroom is attached. My son even has his own holiday flannel sheets, and the walls throughout most of my house are freshly painted in a trendy color that connects all the rooms transforming it from a house to our 'home'.

And then I walk into our bedroom and there isn't a single wall painted, my comforter (quilt) is the focal point of the room with it's loud faded colors and the second eye sore is our tv with all it's gadgets (you know the satellite box, dvd player, some weird antenna, and lets not forget the 10 remotes). I have however managed to hang a photo above our bed that was my father's and is very dear to my heart. It's a beautiful hand drawn picture of Puerto Rico (yes, I am Puerto Rican. I bet that explains a lot, huh?)

Back to my point here. I was reading about a January challenge in the happy housewives forum and it was to do something special to your bedroom. Especially with Valentine's Day coming up. So I am getting on the ball and trying to finally get my room decorated.

I saw the comforter (pictured above) online and really liked it. Of course, the second thing that came to my mind (the first was the price) was how pet and kid friendly would this set be. I just like the formal feel that it has. And it would match some of the stuff I have already put together in my master bathroom and our bedroom furniture.

I still haven't decided if I will buy this set but at least I am on the right track. And just think...one day I might just leave my bedroom door open when people stop by.












1 Comments:
Blogger Unknown had this to say:

this should be posted with that pic: buyer beware: buying this comfortor does NOT in fact change your room to this beautiful hard wood, clean, and utterly lovely room. your comfortor may have different results!

i would love to do something with our room...heck anything in our house! hopefully your transformation will be faster than ours...and remember no matter how many beautiful comfortors you buy...they'll always be "loved" and used and utterly not what it looked like in the picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Polka Dot Prints

I'm Lacy, an outspoken, unorganized, and did I mention creative, 25 year old wahm. I am living the high life in a small town in Arizona bordering California and Mexico. Sounds like heaven, right? You feel my sarcasm. When I am not playing supermom, superwife, or the card lady I am usually doing something crafty or taking on a new project that I don't have time for.

Favorite Stores

Polka Dot Prints
My Etsy Shop
Cocoa Dreams
Polka Dot Market
Fashionable Fabrics
Growing Up With Style

Recent

Favorite Blogs

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fitzpatrick_la. Make your own badge here.