Saturday, January 06, 2007
Yeah...you read it right!!!


I am sure that most of you know what M.I.L.F. stands for and if you don't you should rent American Pie or just do a quick Google search. Who knows you might even get some explicit photos to share with your hubby (I wouldn't).
I have officially joined the future M.I.L.F. coalition. Yeah, that's right ladies...it's time to lose some extra lbs. and start pulling out the sexy underwear again. Goodbye granny panties (I know...too much information).
But it really is now or never. I find myself saying, "Right after the party or the holidays (or pretty much anything) I will go on a diet and lose this extra weight." And then something else comes up and it never happens. Now as you already know I don't do New Year's Resolutions and so I waited until the 3rd of January to start.
I was planning on starting yesterday (Friday) but I went out to eat (to a fattening, yet delicious Mexican restaurant) and while waiting for our food I saw this mom with her two kids. She was wearing a very unflattering pair of sweatpants and a mismatched (and did I mention huge) sweatshirt. Oh, and don't let me forget the sandals she had on with this outfit. She was overweight, wearing no make-up, and her hair was a mess. And the thing that got me was that she was pretty but I don't think most people would look past the other stuff to see that side of her. It's like she just gave up. And let me just say that I would never knock another woman or mom. I think we all need to stick together and fight society's view of the perfect woman...a stick figure. (no offense to Olive Oyle) But there was just something about this lady. I saw myself in her. It's like I could fast forward and see myself sitting in her chair in 5 years.
I am guilty of running out of the house in my yoga pants, baggy t-shirt, and green crocs (that my husband HATES). I hardly wear make-up and my hair is summed up in one word...MESS.
Anyways, I decided as I tucked myself into bed that if I didn't do something now...I never would.
I am doing the South Beach Diet and I have lost 3 lbs as of my Friday weigh in. It worked for me in the past and aside from the first 2 weeks (HELL) it's a healthy way of eating.
So ladies let's raise our water bottles to some new sexy underwear and burn those granny panties!!!





5 Comments:
Blogger Queen of the Mayhem had this to say:

Go girl! Good luck! I,too, am a member and truly ready to get hot and sexy! I know we can do it!

 

Blogger Jeanna had this to say:

Fellow Future MILF: I applaud you for your loss this week. Bring on those sexy panties!

 

Blogger M'Lynn had this to say:

Great job with the downward motion!

I want sexier panties, too!

 

Blogger Unknown had this to say:

oh yeah you go girl! my diet hasn't been working the last few days cause we keep going out to eat!! oh well i know i won't be able to do it again in a while so i am indulging. i am not gaining more weight just maintaining what i already have. but i am in on the diet just a different kind!

 

Anonymous Anonymous had this to say:

Good for you! 3 pounds is great. I'm also doing the SB. Good luck to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< back to the main page

Polka Dot Prints

I'm Lacy, an outspoken, unorganized, and did I mention creative, 25 year old wahm. I am living the high life in a small town in Arizona bordering California and Mexico. Sounds like heaven, right? You feel my sarcasm. When I am not playing supermom, superwife, or the card lady I am usually doing something crafty or taking on a new project that I don't have time for.

Favorite Stores

Polka Dot Prints
My Etsy Shop
Cocoa Dreams
Polka Dot Market
Fashionable Fabrics
Growing Up With Style

Recent

Favorite Blogs

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from fitzpatrick_la. Make your own badge here.